Medigap Plan M
Medigap Plan M’s benefits
Medigap Plan M is appealing because it offers low premiums while also providing coverage for all but two of the Medigap coverage categories.
Medigap Plan M covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- First three pints of blood
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
- Care in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Emergency care during foreign travel (80% of remaining costs)
What Medigap Plan M doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan M does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
Interpreting Medigap Plan M’s benefits
Medigap Plan M is very comprehensive. A person interested in this would foot the bill for 50% of the Medicare Part A deductible, as well as the Part B deductible and excess charges, but those out-of-pocket costs aren’t insurmountable. Keep in mind, Medicare Part B’s annual deductible is $203 in 2021, and Part B excess charges are not costs incurred often. If you want extensive coverage and are comfortable paying the other costs, then Plan M is perfect for you.
If you need more assistance with understanding Medigap Plan M, contact World Financial Solutions today.
Receive Your Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.