Medigap Plan A
Medigap Plan A’s benefits
Medigap Plan A could be considered the most basic of all Medigap Plans. While the coverage offered may not match the extent of Medigap Plans F or G, it can still be a valuable asset.
Medigap Plan A covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- First three pints of blood
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
What Medigap Plan A doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan A does not cover:
- Care in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Emergency care during foreign travel
Interpreting Medigap Plan A’s coverage
Medigap Plan A is great for someone looking to get basic costs covered. This may be ideal for someone who does not require extensive medical treatment.
A person interested in a plan like this should not be weighing out Medigap Plan A versus the other Medigap Plans, but instead the one most similar to it, which is Medigap Plan B. Medigap Plans A and B offer the same coverage, with the exception being Medigap Plan B’s coverage of the Medicare Part A deductible.
If you need more assistance with understanding Medigap Plan A, contact World Financial Solutions today.
Receive Your Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.