Medigap Plan K
Medigap Plan K’s benefits
Medigap Plan K is appealing for its lower premium costs relative to other options. It covers all but three items in the Medicare Supplement Plan coverage categories. Medigap Plan K covers a percentage of the costs, until you pay your annual part B deductible ($203 in 2021) and its out-of-pocket maximum ($6,220 in 2021). After those are met, the coverage is 100% for the rest of the year.
Medigap Plan K covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs (100%)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay (50%)
- First three pints of blood (50%)
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay (50%)
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
- Care in a Skilled Nursing Facility (50%)
What Medigap Plan K doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan K does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Emergency care during foreign travel
Interpreting Medigap Plan K’s coverage
This particular Medigap Plan covers more than what meets the eye. Once the annual out-of-pocket limit and Medicare Part B’s deductible are met, this mirrors the coverage offered by Medigap Plan D (the difference being that Plan D has coverage for foreign travel emergencies). So here, a person has an affordable means of eventually getting 100% coverage in all but three Medigap Plan categories.
If you need more assistance with understanding Medigap Plan K, contact World Financial Solutions today.
Receive Your Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.