High Deductible Plan F
High Deductible Plan F’s benefits
High Deductible Plan F is a viable alternative to the traditional Medigap Plan F. Both offer coverage in every one of Medigap’s coverage categories, which explains why this Medigap Plan has been popular for many years.
High Deductible Plan F covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- First three pints of blood
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Care in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Emergency care during foreign travel (80% of remaining costs)
What High Deductible Plan F doesn’t cover
The High Deductible version of Plan F won’t cover remaining costs until the annual out-of-pocket maximum deductible is met (in 2021, that’s $2,370).
Also, for someone who became eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020, High Deductible Plan F is not available for enrollment.
Interpreting High Deductible Plan F’s benefits
This is ideal for someone who very frequently gets medical treatments. For that person, this is a better alternative, because High Deductible Plan F has a lower premium than the traditional Medigap Plan F. Medigap Plan F has been a prevailing favorite for good reason, and for those looking for a less expensive route to obtain that coverage, the High Deductible Plan F is that plan.
Receive Your Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.