Medigap Plan L
Medigap Plan L’s benefits
Medigap Plan L closely resembles Medigap Plan K. In this case, the percentages of costs covered and annual out-of-pocket maximum are different. For Medigap Plan L, the plan will pay for 75% in its cost categories (exception being Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, which is 100% from the beginning). In 2021, Plan L’s out-of-pocket limit is $3,110, and the Medicare Part B deductible is $203.
Once the year’s out-of-pocket maximum and Part B deductible are met, Medigap Plan L fully covers the remaining costs instead of 75%.
Medigap Plan L covers:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs (100%)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay (75%)
- First three pints of blood (75%)
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay (75%)
- Medicare Part A deductible (75%)
- Care in a Skilled Nursing Facility (75%)
What Medigap Plan L doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan L does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Emergency care during foreign travel
Interpreting Medigap Plan L’s benefits
Like Medigap Plan K, this is a policy that ultimately bears a strong resemblance to Medigap Plan D after annual out-of-pocket costs and Medicare Part B deductible are met. Of course, unlike Plan D, Medigap Plan L doesn’t cover foreign travel emergency costs. In the end, Medigap Plan L is an inexpensive way to get great comprehensive coverage.
If you need more assistance with understanding Medigap Plan L, contact World Financial Solutions today.
Receive Your Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.